I define the food I feed souls with at Asian Mint as “New Bangkok-style, Asian fusion food.” Of course, you can’t exactly box Thai cuisine that way. Every region in Thailand has its own unique food and style of cooking. To celebrate Thai regional cuisine, I’m inviting you to check out the new limited-time menu at Asian Mint.
This limited-time menu is an addition to my restaurant’s regular offerings, and they’re available only until the end of March. While I’m at it, here’s a shoutout to FSR Magazine—thank you so much for boosting the signal on this special offer.
What’s on the limited-time menu at Asian Mint this March?
So—what yummy and exciting dishes do we have cooking in the Asian Mint kitchens only this March? Here’s what’s on the March limited-time menu at Asian Mint:
- Kao soy chicken. Kao soy chicken is curry soup made with coconut milk. Its main ingredients are chicken and crispy egg noodles, and it’s garnished with purple onions, fresh lime, pickled cabbage, and other greens and seasonings. You’ll find kao soy chicken served in street stalls in Northern Thailand.
- Mango mandarin chicken. A classic dish from Central Thailand, mango mandarin chicken is a dish composed of crispy chicken topped with chunky mango sauce. You get to enjoy this chicken dish with veggies like carrots, broccoli, and snap peas over jasmine rice.
- Rice soup with chicken or shrimp. Another staple in Central Thailand’s cuisine, rice soup looks like Chinese congee. It’s cooked with lemongrass and galangal, and you get to eat it with either shrimp or chicken. I used my family’s recipe for our rice soup; it’s what my grandma used to make for me when I was a kid growing up in Thailand.
- Tamarind shrimp. This treat from Southern Thailand is a plate of crispy shrimp tempura. It’s served with rice and a helping of vegetables like bell peppers, bok choy, and broccoli wok-tossed in sweet tamarind sauce.
- Dry tom yum talay. Another dish from Southern Thailand, dry tom yum talay is a seafood dish. It’s a mix of calamari, scallops, and shrimp cooked in a Thai herb sauce. You get to eat this with steamed vegetables and a helping of jasmine rice.
You can only sample this limited-time menu at Asian Mint only until the end of March. So, visit any Asian Mint location to have a taste of these yummy regional Thai eats soon!