Any questions concerning NFS travel policies should be directed to: Nikky Feeding Souls via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activity Level & Personal Responsibility
All NFS tours require walking, sometimes extensive, and other physical exertion. The tour you are considering describes the activity rating – which you will be asked to confirm you read and agree to at the time of your space reservation. As a solo traveler you are responsible for yourself, your possessions, your physical fitness, and all other aspects related to participation in the NFS tour you have chosen. Because of this requirement, NFS tours are not suitable for anyone who is physically challenged, walking impaired, or is a slow walker that cannot keep up with the pace of the group.
It would be inappropriate to expect assistance from the other travelers, who have their own self to look after. This includes the NFS Tour Leader. The Tour Leader’s own personal responsibilities and her duties to the group preclude her from assisting individual travelers with their luggage, or any other needs that may arise as a result of mobility issues, whether those mobility issues existed prior to the tour or occur during the tour. The NFS Tour Leader will be happy to discuss actions a traveler can take to work around or solve problems as situations occur; however, any additional transportation expenses, hired services, missed activities, etc. will not be reimbursed by NFS. If you have questions about activity levels or your personal responsibilities, contact the NFS office at email@example.com BEFORE you sign up for a tour. NFS reserves the right to refuse any participant or potential participant at its sole discretion.
Travel and Medical Evacuation Insurance
Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance: Due to unforeseen events, you may need to cancel (see Cancellation by the Traveler below) or your trip may be partially or totally interrupted (see Force Majeure below). These scenarios, and others, could have a significant financial impact if you decide to forgo insurance. Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance brochures are mailed with the Tour Confirmation Package as a convenience to our travelers. Any questions about what the insurance does or does not cover should be addressed directly to the travel insurance company. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any of your losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance coverage would otherwise have been available.
Medical Evacuation Insurance: Your personal health insurance generally does not cover you when traveling. To cover the risk of a medical emergency or accident while traveling, you should consider purchasing Medical Evacuation Insurance. Some NFS tours require Medical Evacuation Insurance in order to participate. Additionally, some countries are considering requiring proof of Medical Evacuation Insurance to enter. Medical Evacuation Insurance is relatively inexpensive and can often be purchased up to the day before travel. Contact the Travel Insurance company for policy cost and date coverage must be purchased. NFS cannot be held responsible for denied entry if a guest is unable to provide details to authorities of insurance or denial of entry for any reason.
Documents Required to Travel
- It is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain and present the required documents necessary for travel. This includes, but is not limited to, a valid government issued photo ID, passport, visa, Letter of Invitation, shot record, proof of medical evacuation insurance, etc. Travelers who have any question as to their ability to obtain and present the required documents necessary to travel to a country should address their questions to the embassy or consulate of the country to which they will be traveling BEFORE signing up for a NFS tour.
- For tours requiring a passport, all travelers must be in possession of a machine-readable passport valid for 6 months after their trip return date along with applicable visas.
- It is the guest’s sole responsibility to secure and/or pay for any and all visas, reciprocity fees, affidavits, immunizations, etc. that are required to be permitted entry into each destination. In some countries you may be subject to entry (reciprocity) fees and/or departure taxes/ exit fees which will be collected at the airports upon entry/departure by local government authorities. Please note that entry to any country may be refused even if the required information and travel documents are complete. For up-to-date detailed information on travel documents and visas, entry/exit taxes and further information on entry and exit requirements please check with your local consular services. Obtaining and carrying these documents is your sole responsibility. NFS bears no responsibility for such information and will not be responsible for advising and/or obtaining required travel documentation for any guest, or for any delays, damages, and/or losses including missed portions of your vacation/holiday related to improper documentation or government decisions about entry.
- On certain tours NFS will offer to obtain a visa for travelers that meet the following criteria: 1) The traveler must be a passport holder from the United States or Canada 2) Cannot have a criminal conviction or any other exception that would prohibit the routine issuance of a visa. Travelers who do not meet these two criteria will be responsible for obtaining their own visa.
- Any traveler who cannot obtain proper documentation to travel, no matter when or how that discovery is made, will be responsible for whatever cancellation penalties are in force at the time of cancellation from the NFS tour or denial of travel.
- Health:Recommended inoculations for travel may change and you should consult your doctor for current recommendations before you depart. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet all health entry requirements, obtain the recommended inoculations, take all recommended medication, and follow all medical advice in relation to your trip.
- By offering reservations for travel in particular international destinations, NFS does not represent or warrant that travel to such areas is advisable or without risk. NFS will not be liable for damages or losses that result from travel to such destinations.
- Payment Types & Currency:MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, Paypal, personal check and wire transfer. All payments must be in US Dollars.
- At Time of Reservation:A deposit is required to hold a space on the tour. The amount due at the time you make your reservation is listed on each itinerary.
- Additional Deposit(s) / Interim Payment(s):On certain trips – as stated on the website itinerary – additional deposits / interim payments are required. The date additional deposits or interim payments are due is listed on the itinerary under “Payment Dates and Cancellation Policies.” NFS will send a reminder email prior to the due date(s).
- Past DuePayment: A traveler who has not paid the additional deposit / interim payment 7 days (one week) after the due date will be notified via e-mail that she has been cancelled from the tour and her initial deposit forfeited, plus any other additional deposits / interim payments already paid.
- Final Payment:The Final Payment due date is listed on the itinerary under “Payment Dates and Cancellation Policies.” This payment will be invoiced via e-mail approximately 14 days before the due date.
- Past DueFinal Payment: A traveler who has not paid her Final Payment 7 days (one week) after the final payment due date will be notified via e-mail she has been cancelled from the trip and her total amount paid to date forfeited.
Required Traveler Information – by Final Payment
Emergency contact and the other information NFS collects on the Confidential Form is essential for solo traveler safety should an incident occur. This information must be submitted to Nikky Feeding Souls no later than the Final Payment due date. We share the dietary information; the other information is held in confidence and is only used in case of an emergency.
Past Due: After the final payment due date, if the confidential data is partially or completely missing, Final Travel Instructions (i.e. Travel Documents) will be withheld until such time as this information is provided.
Arrival and departure flight details must be submitted to Nikky Feeding Souls no later than the Final Payment due date. This information is required to know when travelers are expected, and when applicable, to arrange transfers.
Past Due: After the final payment due date, if travel arrangements are not received, the traveler will be placed in the final arrival transfer group on the arrival day and the first departure transfer group of the departure day, when transfers are provided as part of the itinerary.
Passport data is required for all international trips and must be submitted to Nikky Feeding Souls no later than the Final Payment due date. Passport information is only shared when required by local authorities, to book international flights, and to assist in replacing a lost or stolen passport.
Past Due: After the final payment due date, if the lack of passport information interferes with arrangements that require all passport information to be submitted as a group, a “final request” e-mail will be sent to the traveler notifying her removal from the tour if passport information is not provided within 48 hours (2 days) of final request. If the traveler is removed from the trip, any refund of monies will be based on NFS cancellation policies as of the date of removal. Otherwise, Final Travel Instructions (i.e. Travel Documents) will be withheld until such time as this information is provided.
Nikky Feeding Souls may modify your tour itinerary where reasonably required at its sole discretion. If NFS makes a change that materially affects the character of the tour in its entirety (a “Material Change”), NFS will provide notice to all travelers via email as soon as reasonably possible, provided there is sufficient time to do so before departure.
Once a tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for traveler health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any itinerary changes are at the discretion of the NFS Tour Leader and Nikky Feeding Souls ®.
Non-Private Tours or Activities
Some NFS trips, as noted in the itinerary, are scheduled with 3nd party tour suppliers who sell their tours to the general public (example: a cruise ship). The traveler acknowledges that other groups and/or individuals may be a part of the same tour or activity.
Use of 3rd Party Suppliers
NFS, and its employees, shareholders, agents, and representatives use third party suppliers to arrange tours, transportation, sightseeing, lodging, and all other services related to this tour. NFS is an independent contractor and is not an employee, agent, or representative of any of these suppliers. NFS does not own, manage, operate, supervise, or control any transportation, vehicle, airplane, hotel or restaurant, or any other entity that supplies services related to your tour. NFS is not affiliated with any other tour operator. All suppliers are independent contractors, and are not agents or employees or representatives of NFS.
All tickets, receipts, coupons, and vouchers are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by each supplier, and by accepting the coupons, vouchers, and tickets, or utilizing the services, all customers agree that neither NFS, nor its employees, agents, or representatives are or may be liable for any loss, injury, or damage to any tour participant or their belongings, or otherwise, in connection with any service supplied or not supplied resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrence beyond the control of NFS.
NFS assumes no responsibility or liability for any delay, change in schedule, loss, injury or damage or loss of any participant that may result from any act or omission on the part of others; and NFS shall be relieved of any obligations under these terms and conditions in the event of any strike, labor dispute, act of God, or of government, fire, war, whether declared or not, terrorism, insurrection, riot, theft, pilferage, epidemic, illness, physical injury, quarantine, medical or customs or immigration regulation, delay, or cancellation. NFS accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
By offering reservations for travel in particular international destinations, NFS does not represent or warrant that travel to such areas is advisable or without risk. NFS will not be liable for damages or losses that result from travel to such destinations. It is the traveler’s responsibility to determine her level of risk tolerance, including the decision to participate in a tour to a country or continent where US State Department alerts and warnings have been issued. If the tour is scheduled to operate (i.e. not cancelled by NFS), standard cancellation policies apply if the traveler elects to cancel because her risk tolerance has been exceeded.
Additional risks and dangers may arise including, but not limited to, hazards of travel by train, automobile, motor coach, aircraft and other means of conveyance, animal interactions, forces of nature, political unrest, other unrest, risks associated with water, food, plants, insects and differing animal regulation, and acts of national and local governments and unrest and acts of others against governments. These risks are not an exhaustive list but are examples of many kinds of risks. You are voluntarily participating in these activities with the knowledge that there are significant dangers involved, and you hereby agree to accept any and all risks.
As lawful consideration for the agreement with NFS to participate in such trips and activities you agree you will not make a claim against NFS, its related companies or its personnel or sue for bodily injury, emotional trauma, death, property loss or damage or other loss, cost or expense, however caused, as a result of or related to your contracting for, traveling to or from, or in any and every other way participating in the trip. You release NFS, its related companies and its personnel from any and all claims, known or unknown, arising from contracting for, traveling to or from, and in any and every way participating in a trip. This release of liability and assumption of risk agreement is entered into on behalf of you and all members of your family and party, also including minors. This agreement also binds your heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
Where the guest occupies a motor coach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither NFS nor the Operator nor its agents or co-operating organizations or service providers will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such an accident or incident. This exclusion and limitation of liability shall not be used to imply that the Operator or its agents or affiliated entities are liable in other circumstances.
Cancellation of Tours by NFS
On rare occasions, Nikky Feeding Souls must cancel a tour, either because there are not enough travelers to operate the tour or for other events outside the control of NFS. Tours lacking enough travelers will be cancelled prior to final invoicing and all money paid to NFS will be promptly refunded. NFS reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time up to the day of departure, due to no fault of NFS. See Force Majeure below.
No damages shall be due to a traveler for failure by NFS to perform obligations related to delivery of tour services if such failure is a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, volcano eruption, or other natural disasters), war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, cyber-attacks, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalism, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of any mode of transportation, electricity, internet or telephone services, or illness, accident, or death of the NFS Representative, any one of which could make delivery of tour services impaired or impossible to perform. Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance is strongly recommended.
Cancellation by the Traveler
All cancellations MUST be in writing. Use the Cancellation Form found on the NFS website, otherwise e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter via US mail. The effective date of the cancellation, and any cancellation penalties, will be based on the date of the written cancellation. Refunds for payments made directly to 3rd parties are subject to their refund policies, irrespective of the date of cancellation. Any penalty imposed by your airline(s) is the complete responsibility of the traveler.
More than 180 days (6 months) before tour departure:
- Within 72 hours (3 days) after NFS processes your space reservation…100% refund of your deposit.
- After 3-day grace period, Deposit will be “Parked”.
The traveler’s deposit will be automatically parked for a period of time not to exceed 18 months (545 days) from date of cancellation. The parked deposit can only be applied as a deposit on a future trip. If the traveler does not select a new trip prior to 18 months (545 days), the deposit will be automatically forfeited.Using parked funds: The traveler must contact NFS by email (email@example.com) prior to 18 months (545 days) from the date the deposit was parked so that NFS can provide instructions for placing your deposit on a new tour of your choice.
Note:A deposit from a cancelled trip can only be moved once. There is no 72-hour (3 day) grace period for the new tour. If you subsequently cancel the new tour, the deposit is automatically forfeited.
179 days before tour departure UNTIL Final Payment Due Date:
- Within 72 hours (3 days) after NFS processes your space reservation…100% refund of your deposit.
- After 3-day grace period, deposit will be forfeited.
- Tours requiring additional deposit(s) or interim payment(s)… Initial deposit forfeited.
Additional deposit(s) or interim payment(s) will be refunded unless the additional deposit(s) or interim payment(s), in part or in whole, are specifically excluded under “Payments & Cancellation” details for the tour being cancelled.
After Final Payment UNTIL 45 – 60 days before travel (see below):
- Within 48 hours (2 days) after NFS processes your space reservation… 100% refund of your full payment.
- After 2-day grace period,50% of the tour cost (whether double or single occupancy) will be forfeited, including 50% of any optional pre- or post- tour(s).
- Any optional payments made through NFS (i.e. early arrival, late departure, other optional activities) will be refunded in full, unless the optional payment(s), in part or in whole, is specifically excluded under “Payments Dates and Cancellation Policies” for the tour being cancelled.
100% of all monies paid will be forfeited (unless otherwise stated in the “Payment Dates and Cancellation Policies” for your tour):
- 45 days or less before travel for US/Canada tours.
- 60 days or less before travel for International tours.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO OUR CANCELLATION POLICIES.
Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance is strongly recommended.
Room-Share Changes Prior to and While on Tour
Prior to tour start:
- The cancellation of a traveler, who specified her roommate by name, will necessitate the named traveler who remains on the tour to a) accept the assignment of a new roommate or b) pay to have a single room. NFS will contact the remaining traveler for her choice prior to assigning a new roommate.
- The cancellation of any traveler who did not specify a roommate by name will result in the automatic assignment of a new roommate. This event may occur after roommate assignments have been published in the Final Travel Instructions (i.e. Travel Documents). Only the impacted travelers and the Tour Leader will be notified.
While on tour:
- Any traveler who has a roommate, but decides she wants a single room, for whatever reason, must arrange and pay for the single room directly with the hotel, if available.
- Roommate incompatibility, while rare, does occasionally happen. The NFS Tour Leader is available to discuss actions that may be available to help resolve the conflict, including the possibility of changing roommates.
Arrivals, Transfers and Delays
- Arrival and departure transfers, when included, are from/to the airport(s) stated in the itinerary. Transfers from other airports, train stations, or any other pick-up point, are not included unless specifically noted in the itinerary arrival and departure notes.
- Travelers arriving by air are responsible for allowing enough time to deplane, gather luggage and travel to the designated meeting location to join the tour. NFS will not delay the departure of the group for travelers arriving after the designated tour start time as listed in the individual itineraries.
- Travelers are required to provide NFS with their flight arrangements no later than the final payment due date of the tour. Travelers are also required to notify NFS in the event the airline should change the arrival or departure time of a flight.
- On tours where scheduled transfers are provided, travelers who elect to take alternate transportation to the hotel, for any reason (including the inability to locate the local transfer provider), will not be reimbursed for the transfer expense incurred.
- Travelers who are delayed for whatever reason are responsible for notifying NFS of their situation and to communicate regularly with NFS as to their anticipated arrival time. Delayed travelers are responsible for joining the group as soon as possible and at their own expense if their arrival occurs after the last scheduled transfer.
Traveler Disruption of a Tour in Progress
- NFS reserves the right to remove any traveler from a tour should the NFS representative(s) determine that the traveler is adversely affecting the overall group dynamics, is a danger to herself or others, or is willfully ignoring the instructions of the NFS representative(s) to the detriment or safety of the group. In the event a traveler is removed from a tour, NFS will not refund any monies. Transportation costs to return home, airline penalties, and any other expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler.
- In the event a traveler chooses to leave a tour prior to its scheduled conclusion, NFS will not refund any monies for the unused portion of the tour arrangements. Transportation costs from tour departure point to the airport, airline penalties, and any other expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler.
Use of Travelers’ Images in Promotional Materials
Photographs and video taken by Nikky Feeding Souls Tour Leaders and other NFS representatives while on tour are the property of NFS and may be used in promotional materials. Any traveler who does not wish to have their photograph or video footage used in promotional material MUST advise NFS in writing no later than the tour’s final payment due date.
If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be held unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remainder shall remain enforceable.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions (also referred to as “travel policies”) and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Maryland without regard to conflicts of law principles. All guest claims must be submitted in writing and received by NFS no later than sixty (60) days after the completion of the NFS vacation. Guest claims not submitted and received within this time shall be deemed waived and barred.